Sep 6, 2009

Wise or otherwise!

Sometime in 2003, don't recollect properly, I was going to kolkata from mysore via chennai. It was around 8.30 am in the morning, I came down from the waiting room upstairs at chennai central station to find out my coach in koromondal express which was already stationed at the platform. "Excuse me!", the call from behind caught my attention which most of the time I prefer to lose! There was a boy with a bag on back and some luggage in hand and most noticeably a wary look on the face. I tried to recollect whether I've met him before and then dropped the idea of worthless soul-searching thinking that he might be asking some trivial help or so. "I'm in some sort of trouble. Could you please help me out?", he seemed to be panicky nonetheless thought that he might ask for some absurd help that might drive myself panicky! "What's the issue?", I was bit perplexed. "I'm Shivakumar, an engineering student. I'm heading towards Vijayawada. I've something to carry along with me which needs to go as parcel however I don't have enough money left with me.", he was surely seemed to be nervous. Now there's a crux. Most of the problems in this mortal domain begin and end with money and inevitably paralyze whatever humane thing could have been done for sake of help if someone insists! Fortunately or unfortunately, I never had habit of carrying excess money with me, something that came to me naturally in the journey I rode, tortuous perhaps in certain aspects. I had 180 bucks left in my torn wallet which I thought sufficient to return home comfortably! "How much you need?", I was hesitating a bit before extending my meager stock of support. "It would be fine if you can give me 200. I'd positively return every penny once I get down at Vijayawada. My uncle would be there at platform. For the time being, you can keep my watch as security deposit, if you wish." That sounded like a money lender,a word or stuff whatever, I detest most. "I don't have that much, take 150, that's all I have now and please do return at vijayawada. Otherwise I'd in trouble." "Thanksss!! Thanks a lot!!!",just acquainted Shivakumar was seeming pretty happy on his trouble being shoot out! "I'm in S10 coach, seat no 27..will see you at vijaywada!",he threw the words in air while rushing towards the parcel office. I had my reservation in S3.Reservation list was already pasted near the door of the coach. Train was scheduled to depart at 9 am. Having found some time, I decided to check out the reservation list of S10 to ensure existence of Shivakumar. How does that sound! Useless thinking after I'd already leaped,huh! Seat no 27, of S10 reservation list dutifully said the seat belonged to Mr.Das, in fact every reservation of S10 denied existence of Shivakumar. Not very much surprised,I'd to do some menial tasks of rigorous cost optimization in order to survive coming 30 hrs on 30 bucks! It was a little bit different journey, with a hopeless counting of time at vijayada hoping Shivakumar might pop up! Nothing happened of that sort although thus giving enough room for the skeptics to question the fathoming of reality. Wisdom to me has ever been remained a little bit foggy stuff and in that sense I hardly could declare to witness a wise man except my English Sir, who benignly taught me "Gift of Magi" with explanation of wisdom and since then on I preferred to walk on the "Otherwise" track.

No comments:

Post a Comment